Welcome to the Pfleger Lab‽
We are multi-disciplined team of researchers focused on using metabolic engineering techniques to produce value-added fuels and chemicals. With backgrounds ranging from chemical engineering to molecular biology, we are well equipped to create a variety of solutions to any research problem. We are currently working on a variety of projects in different organisms, including Escherichia coli, yeast and cyanobacteria. Led by Professor Brian Pfleger, we hope to solve relevant societal problems using our expertise in synthetic biology.
Welcome to Josh Abraham, Josh Dietrich (Joint with Jennie Reed), Paul Perkovich (Joint with Jennie Reed), and Maya Venkataraman.
Continuing the Pfleger Lab tradition of having multiple people with the same name, we are excited to welcome Will Cordell BS 2018 CU-Boulder and Will Bothfeld (PhD Northwestern) to the lab. The Wills will be …
Congratulations Chris for defending your thesis. We wish you the best of luck as you join Genomatica.
- More News posts
- Mehrer CR, Rand JM, Incha MR, Cook TB, Demir B, Hussain Motagamwala A, Kim D, Dumesic JA, Pfleger BF. Growth-Coupled Bioconversion of Levulinic Acid to Butanone. Metabolic Engineering.(2019) Jun 19;55:92-101. DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2019.06.003
- Yan Q, Pfleger BF. Revisiting metabolic engineering strategies for microbial synthesis of oleochemicals Metabolic Engineering. (2019) DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2019.04.009
- Hernandez-Lozada NJ, Lai RY, Simmons TR, Thomas KA, Chowdhury R, Maranas CD, Pfleger BF. Highly active C8-acyl-ACP thioesterase variant isolated by a synthetic selection strategy. ACS Synthetic Biology. (2018) Sep 21;7(9):2205-2215. DOI: 1021/acssynbio.8b00215
- Mehrer CR, Incha MR, Politz MC, Pfleger BF. Anaerobic Production of Medium-Chain Fatty Alcohols via a β-Reduction Pathway. Metabolic Engineering. May 25;48:63-71 (2018) DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2018.05.011
- Cook TC, Pfleger BF. Leveraging synthetic biology for producing bioactive polyketides and non-ribosomal peptides in bacterial heterologous hosts. MedChemComm. (2019) 10, 668-681. DOI: 1039/C9MD00055K
- Rand JM, Pisithkul T, Clark RL, Thiede JM, Mehrer CR, Agnew DA, Campbell CE, Markley AL, Price MN, Ray J, Wetmore KM, Suh Y, Arkin AP, Deutschbauer AM, Amador Noguez D, Pfleger BF. A metabolic pathway for catabolizing levulinic acid in bacteria. Nature Microbiology. Dec;2(12):1624-1634. (2017) DOI: doi:10.1038/s41564-017-0028-z