Welcome to the Pfleger Lab‽
We are multi-disciplined team of researchers focused on using metabolic engineering techniques to produce value-added fuels and chemicals. With backgrounds ranging from chemical engineering to molecular biology, we are well equipped to create a variety of solutions to any research problem. We are currently working on a variety of projects in different organisms, including Escherichia coli, yeast and cyanobacteria. Led by Professor Brian Pfleger, we hope to solve relevant societal problems using our expertise in synthetic biology.
Welcome to Susan Hubbard (Purdue) and Yun Su (Tsinghua)!!! I am very excited to have you begin your PhD Careers on the new projects in the lab.
A big welcome to Hui Geng to the lab. Hui is going to help us figure out what molecules to make in the coming years.
Welcome to Josh Abraham, Josh Dietrich (Joint with Jennie Reed), Paul Perkovich (Joint with Jennie Reed), and Maya Venkataraman.
- More News posts
- Yan Q, Simmons TR, Hernandez-Lozada NJ, Cordell WT, Breckner CJ, Jindra MA, Pfleger BF. Metabolic engineering of β-oxidation to leverage thioesterases for production of 2-heptanone, 2-nonanone and 2-undecanone. Metabolic Engineering (2020) DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2020.05.008
- Hernandez-Lozada NJ, Simmons TR, Xu K, Jindra MA, Pfleger BF. Production of 1-octanol in Escherichia coli by a high flux thioesterase route Metabolic Engineering (2020) DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2020.07.004
- Courtney DK, Ong WK, Pan S, Andrade RM, Kiley PJ, Pfleger BF, Reed JL. Model-driven analysis of mutant fitness experiments improves genome-scale metabolic models of Zymomonas mobilis. PLoS Computational Biology. (2020) DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1008137
- Gordon GC, Cameron JC, Gupta STP, Engstrom MD, Reed JL, Pfleger BF. Genome-wide analysis of RNA decay in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. strain PCC7002. mSystems. (2020) DOI: 1128/mSystems.00224-20
- Chowdhary R, Grisewood MJ, Boorla VS, Yan Q, Pfleger BF, Maranas CD. IPRO+/- Computational protein design tool allowing for insertions and deletions. Structure. (2020) (Accepted)
- Gambacorta FV, Dietrich JJ, Yan Q, Pfleger BF. Rewiring yeast metabolism to synthesize products beyond ethanol. Current Opinion in Chemical Biology. (2020) (Accepted)
- Mehrer CR, Rand JM, Incha MR, Cook TB, Demir B, Hussain Motagamwala A, Kim D, Dumesic JA, Pfleger BF. Growth-Coupled Bioconversion of Levulinic Acid to Butanone. Metabolic Engineering.(2019) Jun 19;55:92-101. DOI: 1016/j.ymben.2019.06.003