Look for us at these upcoming conferences:
- 2014 American Chemical Society Annual Meeting in Dallas, TX
- Metabolic Engineering X in Vancouver, BC
- 2014 Society of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology in St. Louis, MO
- Congratulations to Jackie and Tyler for their Manuscript in Science.
- Welcome to new PhD students and postdocs:
Nestor Hernandez, Austin Comer, and Gina Gordon; the Pfleger Class of 2013.
Dr. Chris Jones and Dr. Jeff Cameron
- Congratulations to Daniel Mendez-Perez for
- Defending his thesis
- Congratulations to Brian for
Inrerested in Joining the Group
- Post-doctoral fellows
- Interested students are encouraged to pursue fellowship opportunities
- Please send a full CV and reasons for joining the group to Prof. Pfleger
- Graduate Students
The lab will recruit 1-2 PhD students in the fall of 2014 from the following programs:
- Chemical and Biological Engineering PhD Program
- Biomedical Engineering PhD Program
- Microbiology Doctoral Training Program
- Graduate Progam in Cell and Molecular Biology
Students are not directly admitted to the group. Please contact the appropiate program manager for more information regarding application procedures.
- UW-Madison Undergraduates
- Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The Pfleger lab participates in several UW-Madison programs. If interested in spending the summer in Madison, please apply through one of the programs below. The lab does not independently sponsor summer internships.
Students work in the laboratory as volunteers or for credit (CBE599 - independent study or CBE489 - Honors in research). If interested, please contact Prof. Pfleger via email with a resume and reason for joining. Please use the following subject in your email: "Undergraduate Research in Pfleger Lab"
Students interested in forming a UW-Madison iGEM team should also contact Prof. Pfleger by email before Februrary 1st, 2014.