Look for us at these upcoming conferences:
- SBE - ICBE in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- American Chemical Society in New Orleans
- Society for Industrial Microbiology Fuels and Chemicals in Portland, OR
- American Society for Microbiology Annual Meeting in Denver, CO
- Congratulations to Tyler Youngquist for
- Winning the Best Student Poster Award for Fermentation at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology in Washington, DC
Inrerested in Joining the Group
- Post-doctoral fellows
- Interested students are encouraged to pursue fellowship opportunities
- Please send a full CV and reasons for joining the group to Prof. Pfleger
- Graduate Students
The lab will recruit 1-2 PhD students in the fall of 2013 from the following programs:
- Chemical and Biological Engineering PhD Program
- Biomedical Engineering PhD Program
- Microbiology Doctoral Training Program
- Graduate Progam in Cell and Molecular Biology
Students are not directly admitted to the group. Please contact the appropiate program manager for more information regarding application procedures.
- UW-Madison Undergraduates
- Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The Pfleger lab participates in several UW-Madison programs. If interested in spending the summer in Madison, please apply through one of the programs below. The lab does not independently sponsor summer internships.
Students work in the laboratory as volunteers or for credit (CBE599 - independent study or CBE489 - Honors in research). If interested, please contact Prof. Pfleger via email with a resume and reason for joining. Please use the following subject in your email: "Undergraduate Research in Pfleger Lab"
Students are also encouraged to apply to join the UW-Madison iGEM team.